Wednesday 26 June 2013

Day Status: Busy!

Hello and welcome! 
Goodness me. Today was one of those days. The kind of day when you just don't manage to even get a hot brew down you. The morning specifically. I shall go through the morning in bullet points if you don't mind. Would you care to join me? Please do. Grab a cuppa, (preferably hot!) and read along with me.
  1. Wake up - obviously
  2. Make a brew
  3. Hear the baby stir - stir brew have a sip. Brew Status: Hot
  4. Change and feed baby - eldest enters the room.
  5. Prepare eldest's brekkie - Some chocolate malarkey, bad parenting.
  6. Sip brew - Brew status: tepid
  7. Get self dressed - long loose top and jeggings. Jeggings status: Up.
  8. Dress eldest in freshly laundered uniform - not off of the bedroom floor, good parenting.
  9. Sip brew - Brew status: cold. Nuke it. (Microwave it for those who no not this term.)
  10. Sip Brew - Brew status: Hot again.
  11. Sort family hair - me: Messy with Fudge Shaper, Husband: ponytail, he did it himself clever boy. Eldest: French plait. I did it, clever girl.
  12. Load baby into pram, put sun cream on and gather school tit bits - Jeggings status: slightly lower.
  13. Sip brew - Brew status: tepid again. Bollocks!
  14. School run - Jeggings status: gathering at knees.
  15. Home again, hug baby and put him in chair with toys.
  16. Plug in iron and put kettle on.
  17. Make brew, sip it -Brew status: hot.
  18. Start ironing, burn elbow - Iron status: Really fecking hot!
  19. Finish ironing, sip brew - Brew: status cold. Give up on brew, pour glass of orange juice.
  20. Take baby upstairs, sing silly songs and cuddle him.
  21. Lay baby on the bed - bad parenting. 
  22. Fetch ironed clothes - swear at iron on passing. It remains un-forgiven for the burn.
  23. Put clothes away and sing to baby - Jeggings status: way down!
  24. Clean bathroom, change baby and hoik up jeggings - jeggings status: uncomfortably high. Must get new pants.
  25. School run part 2 - hug daughter, get home, make sarnies of choice.
And that was just the morning. Cold brews, hot iron and tight pants, what a day! The afternoon brought more mayhem of course. My girl choked on a grape and fell down the stairs! Fortunately only a bruised bum is left to remind her to hold onto the banister. Poor lass. And all I've managed to do between playing and soothing bruises and shock, is feed my baby and do a few loads of washing, all the while practically dehydrating from my lack of hot brews!
I reckon tomorrow will bring more of the same. Not that I mind of course but I really would like a ho cuppa. I think that's the only thing I miss from having the wee 'uns. Still, if that's the only thing missing from my life, along with the lottery win I've been craving, then I don't reckon I'm doing too badly. 

I'm falling asleep over the keyboard here, probably from lack of tea, so I'm thinking I need to wrap it up. I want to write about my allotment because I'm so chuffed with how things are going on it. Most of my veg are flourishing, but well, that's for next time. 

Toodlepip all. Good morning or sweet dreams depending on the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment