Sunday 6 April 2014

Mean, Green, Cleaning Machine.

You know when you just have one of those day's? Well this morning was ridiculous! The first incident was I was on the machine at work, it was a nightmare. Brief explanation of 'the machine.' It is a big green cleaning machine which lets out water onto rotating pads, cleaning the area. A rubber blade with a hose attached, scrapes the floor behind and sucks up the dirty water. That simple. We had a new one delivered this week and I was all excited about having a smooth run. Yeah right, too much to bloody ask obviously. Now what was I saying about simplicity? Here's what happened, cue bullet points if you please:
  1. I had to move loads of crap out of the way to even move it to the trough. (to fill it with water.)
  2. I put the wrong bar on and the water sucker hose wouldn't fit.
  3. I put the right bar on and the hose wouldn't fit! I had to call upon a colleague with a penis (previous hose experience) to help put it on.
  4. Went on the shop floor, forgot the blue roll to clean the bar.
  5. Loads of giant pallets in the way, had to keep making intricate turns all over the place.
  6. The bar fell off.
  7. The bar kept getting little bits stuck to it leaving streaks all over the floor.
  8. The bar fell off again.
  9. The machine was letting out too much water.
  10. The machine was not sucking up the water but instead, smearing puddles all over the floor causing hazards everywhere!
  11. The bar started going down too far making the smearing worse.
  12. Run out of time to finish job and had to come off the shop floor.
  13. Couldn't get the hose off. 
  14. The cleaning pads wouldn't come off the machine.
  15. Left machine unclean for tomorrow.
  16. Expecting a telling off in the morning.
  17. Expecting to pop my top in the morning.
All that and it rained and made my fringe look like a moustache. One word for you people....NIGHTMARE!
Stupid Moustache Fringe!
I'm pretty much expecting more of the same tomorrow as my boss is never in the best of moods on a Monday, and she's going to walk into my list of the million things that went wrong. I just hope I end up still employed!
All that after I left my house in such high spirits this morning too! Well as they say, tomorrow is another day so fingers crossed that the boss is in a better mood than usual, at this moment in time that is all I can hope for. Fingers crossed for me folks! 
Another ridiculous day in the life of a cleaner, one good thing though, I came home and my husband had cleaned the kitchen for me so at least I didn't have to don the marigolds and get scrubbing at home! Oh he's a good'un my fella bless him. Just a nice little thing that brushes all the other crap under the carpet. 
Happy Days people and I shall be back soon for another episode of Wife, Mother, Disaster Area.

No comments:

Post a Comment