Sunday 14 December 2014

Ho Ho Ho!

Hark the herald Angels are singing! Christmas is almost upon us people, it is very almost here! So here we are again, running around like headless chickens, seeing how many tubs of Quality Street and boxes of Paxo we can cram into our trolleys, like Armageddon is about to ensue.
Holy moly people! Take a breath! You will not die if you don't have a back up pack of prawns for a 'just in case' situation. Nobodies Christmas will be ruined if you only have five dessert choices. Blooming heck! And can someone please tell me why the Christmas period turns people into bad tempered arse-pots when it's supposed to be the season of joy and goodwill? 
Oh I do like a Christmas moan, only because I get so tickled watching some people, in supermarkets especially, mow down every Tom, Dick and Harry just to get at a pot of Elmlea! I mean please, it's Christmas, get the real bloody thing! At least I could see the point of a good mow-down if they were trying to reach the 'extra thick chocolate cream with a hit of Cointreau!' But Elmlea? Surely not! 
Not everyone is grumpy of course, I've been having a giggle and gossip about all manner of festive things that go on, work do's, Panto's, Grotto's, Carol Singing-O's, the whole kit and caboodle! I do love this time of year. 
I've just managed to get myself feeling properly festive. Got the tree up yesterday and the ceiling 'danglers' up today. The kids thoroughly enjoyed putting the baubles on the tree, and I adored watching their little faces as I turned the lights on. They got so giddy, dancing around to Christmas songs and nearly knocking the tree over, (4 'almost's' to date!) but it's all worth it. Fun and high spirits in the house of Burnett this season.
We've actually been a little bit crafty this year, making our own paper chains which we've hung around each fire place, and I've even threatened to send Christmas cards! (They've been written but not posted, I'm half way there at least.) Next on the crimbo agenda, finish wrapping, get a hot chocolate and go through the Total TV Guide to plan my Christmas viewing. Yes people, I am that sad. But I'm not sorry for it, I like doing it. 
Well, that was a nice short and sweet little post to get my blogging flow back to scratch, it's been a while, (again) so apologies to anyone who likes a read. I'll be back in a few days with some more Christmas merriment. Ho Ho Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment