Friday 29 June 2012

The Egg and Spoon Race!

Let me begin with my daughters Sports day. It was actually the day before yesterday but I'm getting around to it now. I tend to delay things in life, so my blog is obviously going to be no different at all. If I was a super hero, my name would be.... (in a silly voice please) The Procrastinator!!
Anyway, my daughter and her class are mostly 3, and as you can imagine while following certain rules, they tend to go at their own pace which is why i loved the little activities that were set out for them all. Each little game was more of a team effort rather than a "you win" sort of line up, which was very refreshing. The egg and spoon race, being my favourite, had each child against one of their parents/carers and so of course every child won. All the parents were encouraged to take part at some point or another,(apart from the obstacle course which I fear would have been disasterous had our weight been involved.) There was:
  • Build a big tower
  • Fill up the water tray. Each child had a bucket and each parent had a cup and we were all running back and forth transfering water from several buckets to the class water tray
  • Bean bag throwing
  • Obstacle course
  • Jumping mini hurdles, and of course...
  • The egg and spoon race
And I was involved in all of them. I was a Nursery Nurse for about 7 years and it all came flooding back to me. It was like I had my own class again.
My daughter was laughing her little head off throughout most of the events and I loved it. Seeing your child laugh is one of the best things life has to offer, and at the bargain price of doing a silly dance or joining her in a sports day event is something i think all parents can afford. Fun all round methinks.

On another note, after my whinging yesterday about my double cleaning shift, my night turned out alright in the end. When I arrived home at about 10 past 8, (got a lift of my mother in-law) I walked in the door to find that my husband had done me a curry, naan bread and an onion bahji. What a hero! I have to say, when to comes to husbands, mine is pretty darn good! Sometimes you need something small like a tea made by someone other than you, it just makes you feel appreciated. Even though I didn't even wash the pots! I washed them today though. There comes a point, and I'm talking about the point when there are no clean plates in the cupboard, where you really must grab the fairy and a pair of marigold's and take action!

No comments:

Post a Comment